Science at work 9 June 2022
- Sustainable animal production systems: measuring the environmental efficiency of animal production systems, developing and assessing practices likely to improve efficiency
- Limiting the environmental impact of animal production
- Contributing to the development of local supply chains
- Developing animal production systems that help to alleviate poverty
- Supporting producers' organizations and organizing the services on offer to animal farmers
- Improving animal health: new vaccines, knowledge of the epidemiology of vector-borne diseases and zoonoses.
Products and services
- CES (postgraduate certificate) in animal epidemiology
- Masters in integrated management of tropical animal diseases (GIMAT)
- InterRisk Masters: assessment and management of health risks at the human, animal and ecosystem interface, Bangkok
- Masters in epidemiological surveillance of human and animal diseases (SEMHA)
- Epidemiology of animal and zoonotic diseases: the basics
- Animal epidemiology
- UVED: aquaculture
e-learning module on aquaculture (co-funded by UVED, CIRAD, IFREMER and IRD, with the participation of INRAE). The module was built by a mixed CIRAD-FVI team within the ASTRE joint research unit, working on animal production and veterinary medicine teaching and training in warm regions.