CIRAD is a key player at the Fruit Logistica fair each year, and will again be presenting its Cirad’Innov® range of solutions and expertise in Berlin from 8 to 10 February 2023. It is our partnership with the company Sowit that will be highlighted this year. We will be sharing a stand, and Sowit will be presenting SoYield®, a new application to manage agricultural operations more efficiently and optimize production. Find us in Hall 25, stand C-01.
For the 2023 edition of the Fruit Logistica exhibition, experts and representatives from CIRAD will be in Berlin to present the Cirad’Innov® range of expertise and products, focusing this year on the latest innovation developed in partnership with Sowit. This is a unique opportunity to display the result of a collaboration between a research organization and a private firm. Fruit Logistica is a chance to strike new partnerships and strengthen our network relating to the tropical fruit and vegetable sectors, which generate substantial added value.
Find us in Hall 25, stand C-01
Cirad’Innov®, from science to field applications, for sustainability
With Cirad'Innov®, CIRAD offers technological solutions at various stages of development, to socioeconomic players working on the ground in the global South. The aim is to work together to transform and adapt research results and build tomorrow’s innovations, as well as to transfer solutions to firms and players capable of furthering their development on the ground.
Our crop protection solutions and R&D expertise in the global South:
- SoYield®, an app based on CIRAD's experience with Pixfruit, integrating proprietary algorithms based on artificial intelligence, providing farmers with a digital tool to estimate fruit production and facilitate decision making. This solution is already available for the mango and citrus sectors;
- Econet nets, a crop protection technique for use in Africa that is both cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
To make value chains more environmentally, economically and socially sustainable
CIRAD's contribution to the agroecological transition of farming systems in the global South
- Banana and pineapple value chains: agroecological management options for sustainable banana and pineapple value chains, developed by the GECO research unit;
- Biofunctool®, a functional, low-tech tool for use in the field to assess the impact of various types of land use on soil quality (in French).
The QUALISUD research unit's expertise and high-tech agrifood engineering resources
Genetic improvement and adaptation of Mediterranean and tropical plants by the AGAP research unit
Products and procedures
Pour retrouver toute notre documentation, rencontrer nos scientifiques et échanger sur vos besoins, rendez-vous Hall 25, stand C-01
On the CIRAD stand, visitors will also be able to see all that FruiTrop has to offer. FruiTrop is the result of the work done by the CIRAD Market News Service, an economic study unit:
- The FruiTrop website: economic and technical information in English and French, in one click;
- The FruiTrop magazine: a monthly journal containing news about fresh and processed tropical fruit, fresh citrus, and counter-season fruit and vegetable trading. Aimed at a readership of economic and political decision makers in these sectors, it is published in French and English. FruiTrop is distributed in more than 50 countries each month;
- FruiTrop weekly, a decision support tool on the banana, avocado and mango markets.
CIRAD is a unique research and development partner, thanks to its access to and experience of field reality in the South, its knowledge of tropical agri-chains, and its expertise in agroecological production methods. In the field of tropical fruit and vegetable supply chains, CIRAD conducts its R&D operations in conjunction with the private sector. It is also an ideal partner for technical support and training, from production to processing and marketing. Lastly, it develops innovations that can be transferred thanks to licenses or knowledge agreements, to agricultural producers and agrifood players in both North and South.
About Fruit Logistica:
Fruit Logistica is the leading international fruit and vegetable trade event, covering the entire fruit and vegetable industry logistics chain, from producer to point of sale. More than 1900 exhibitors from 87 countries will be presenting their products, services and technical solutions, drawing some 40 600 visitors from more than 132 countries.