- About us
- Research units
- Forests and Societies
Forests and Societies - UPR Forêts et Sociétés
The Forests and Societies Research Unit's main goal is to “help assess, define and implement policies, instruments and practices that:
- facilitate the adaptation of ecological and social systems to the constraints and opportunities resulting from global change,
- boost the sustainability of the services provided by tropical forests for the benefit of societies, on a local and global scale”.
Its research focuses on the following three main points of interest:
- natural or planted tropical and subtropical forests;
- the societies that make a living from and depend directly on forests, and transform them;
- the public policies and instruments that apply to forests.