- CIRAD worldwide
- LEAP4FNSSA project
Long-term EU-AU research and innovation Partnership for Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture - LEAP4FNSSA
Agricultural research for development is a key field for CIRAD and its European Union (EU) and African Union (AU) partners. However, as things stand, the many multilateral and bilateral, public and private research and innovation initiatives centring on food and nutrition security and sustainable development are fragmented and investment is limited. The project therefore aims to provide the EU and UA with a new structuring tool, to generate positive impacts on both continents.
Four main activities are scheduled:
- Supporting the EU and AU (and particularly their High Level Policy Dialogue in STI Bureau) in implementing the FNSSA roadmap
- Initiating strategic alliances of stakeholders committed to coordinating their research and innovation operations with the FNSSA roadmap, improving the coherence of projects, programmes and policies, and building sustainable shared financing mechanisms
- Strengthening knowledge management to make the FNSSA partnership between the two Unions more effective, develop new analytical tools, support existing networks and improve data management and communication
- Fostering the dissemination of information that either already exists or that is generated by the project and its partners within research and innovation networks.
- An EU-AU partnership platform will be established and sustained long term by its members;
- The platform will provide the various institutions involved in EU-AU research and innovation partnerships with analytical tools that facilitate information sharing between players, and communication;
- It will facilitate access to funding reserved for this type of cooperation.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 817663.