Results & impact 13 December 2021
The figures for rubber
- 47% of global elastomer production
- 10 million hectares cultivated by millions of smallholders
- 10 million tonnes of natural rubber produced per year
- 80% of the natural rubber produced is used by the automobile industry.
- Preserving rubber growing, which is vital for millions of smallholders
- Tackling the challenges of competition with synthetic rubbers and dependence on a niche market
- Promoting the capacity of plantings to recycle atmospheric carbon.