Results & impact 13 December 2021
The figures for rubber
- 48% of global elastomer production
- 80% of natural rubber production is produced by millions of smallholders.
- 87% of production is in Asia, but the share of African natural rubber is growing.
- 12 million hectares cultivated.
- 14 million tonnes of natural rubber produced per year.
- 75% of the natural rubber produced is used by the tire industry.
- Preserving rubber growing, which is vital for millions of smallholders
- Tackling the challenges of competition with synthetic rubbers and dependence on a niche market
- Promoting the capacity of plantings to recycle atmospheric carbon.