Professions and careers
CIRAD recruits in three main areas and 13 fields:
- Life and environmental sciences
- Biological sciences
- Ecological sciences
- Health sciences
- Agricultural sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Science and technology
- Applied mathematics
- Information sciences and technology
- Human and social sciences
- Economic and management sciences
- Political and legal sciences
- Social and behavioural sciences
- Spaces and societies
We recruit the following profiles:
- Engineers and researchers (PhD, degree in engineering, Master 2 [BSc + two years’ further study])
- Technicians (two or three years of university study)
- PhDs and post-docs
- Experts, administrators and managers of research support services: management accounting, communication, research marketing, secretarial services, human resources, legal affairs, etc.
At CIRAD, we attach great importance to career development, internal mobility and further training.
CIRAD staff members are encouraged throughout their career to build their skills and expertise and take on new responsibilities.
We are introducing an ambitious, active skills development plan to enable our employees to progress, with an average of three days’ training a year for each employee.
Geographical mobility at CIRAD
For CIRAD, overseas postings are one of the keys to building long-term, balanced scientific partnerships with tropical and Mediterranean countries.
Research projects in partnership call for local and expatriate researchers, engineers and technicians, on the ground, over several years.
Geographical mobility also serves to apply the professional experience of the employees concerned.
Employee mobility is subject to the approval of CIRAD’s Management Board, and generally covers a period of two to three years, subject to renewal depending on whether scientific, partnership and financial objectives have been achieved.