Research support - Economics and management of natural resources - Multi-criteria assessments
InterGI – Geographical Indications : a way forward for local development
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to :
- Implement a GI-related policy or project, meeting the required conditions for an effective contribution to rural development.
- Apply methods to achieve an inventory of potential GI products.
- Apply methods to support the qualification of GI products.
- Understand the different forms of collective organization for the management of Geographical Indications.
- Conceive control and certification methods that ensure the products’ authenticity.
- Contribute to the marketing of GI products.
Besides, they will become aware of :
- The international rules and institutions that govern the protection of GI, and the current state of international negotiations.
- The European and French legislations concerning Protected Geographical Indications (PGI) and Protected Denominations of Origin (PDO), territorial marks and indications of source.
- Regional and national rural development policies policies linked to GI.
- International programs in support of GI implementation.
- Law and rural development experts, consultants, technical staff and NGOs.
- Officials in charge of GI registration procedure or of rural development policies.
- Value chain managers, stakeholders and members of concerned professional bodies.
Candidates are encouraged to find their own funding.
French /or English /or Spanish
Detailed information on the program can be found on the website : InterGI
- Stakeholders of PGI and PDO value chains.
- Certification bodies.
- International Organisations.
- INAO, France: National Institute of Origin and Quality.
- Research and extension bodies - including REDD and CIRAD Innovation Research Unit
This training is meant for professionals.
The candidates will be selected according to their personal on-line application form. Preference will be given to participants who are already taking part of a GI-connected project or are members of the Ministries in charge of GI in their countries. The overall composition of the group will seek a balance in terms of countries, gender age, and type of GI-related professional activities.
- Case studies
- Field visits